Re: [GIT PULL] x86/microcode for 6.7

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sun Nov 12 2023 - 14:57:15 EST

On Sun, Nov 12, 2023 at 11:41:53AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> I can verify that this makes my boot logs look sane again.

Cool.

> I'm not applying this directly, and will let you do the final version
> in the tip tree (split into two?), but thought I'd at least ack that
> it works for me.

Thanks!

So I was looking at the Intel side earlier and it doesn't dump the
revision it had *before* the early loading. And people have asked for
that functionality - to be able to dump the revision which got
overwritten.

So I'll try to pull up that code and use for both drivers, test on all
machines and send out a proper set.

And yap, you'll get that eventually through tip, in time for 6.7.

Thx.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.