Re: Requesting your attention and expertise regarding a Tablet/Kernel issue

From: Thorsten Leemhuis
Date: Sat Nov 11 2023 - 12:19:02 EST

On 09.11.23 00:18, David Revoy wrote:
>> BTW, David, were you able to do a revert of 276e14e6c3?
>
> I'm sorry Benjamin: I did some research on how to build a kernel [1], on how to revert a commit (easy, I know a bit of Git), and started following it step by step. Result: I failed and concluded that it probably requires too much computer knowledge compared to what I can do now. I'm afraid I won't be able to build a custom kernel for testing.
>
> [1] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/kernel-build-custom/#_building_a_vanilla_upstream_kernel

FWIW, in case you want to try again: give the upstream text on building
your own kernel a try, maybe it works better for your:

https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/quickly-build-trimmed-linux.html

It should work on Fedora (but you might want to install the latest
updates first, there recently was a problem).

Ciao, Thorsten