Re: [RFC 0/4] Introduce unbalance proactive reclaim

From: Huan Yang
Date: Wed Nov 08 2023 - 20:59:00 EST

在 2023/11/9 0:14, Andrew Morton 写道:
[Some people who received this message don't often get email from akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Learn why this is important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

On Wed, 8 Nov 2023 14:58:11 +0800 Huan Yang <link@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

For example, when an application is pushed to the background and frozen,
it may not be opened for a long time, and we can safely reclaim the
application's anonymous pages, but we do not want to touch the file pages.
This paragraph is key to the entire patchset and it would benefit from
some expanding upon.

If the application is dormant, why on earth would we want to evict its
text but keep its data around?
In fact, we currently use this method to only reclaim application anonymous pages,
because we believe that the refault cost of reclaiming anonymous pages is relatively
small, especially when using zram and only proactively reclaiming the anonymous
pages of frozen applications.