Re: [RFC v1 0/8] vhost-vdpa: add support for iommufd

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Date: Tue Nov 07 2023 - 09:56:36 EST

On Tue, Nov 07, 2023 at 08:49:02AM -0400, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> IMHO, this patch series needs to spend more time internally to Red Hat
> before it is presented to the community.

Just to add an example why I think this "internal review" is a bad idea
I seem to recall that someone internal to nvidia at some point
attempted to implement this already. The only output from that
work we have is that "it's tough" - no pointers to what's tough,
no code to study even as a bad path to follow.
And while Red Hat might be big, the virt team is rather smaller.

--
MST