Question: Earliest kernel version with FIPS-compliant DRBG?

From: Shivam Kumar
Date: Tue Nov 07 2023 - 00:46:02 EST

Hi,

I recently came across a discussion on the mailing list and noted some Linux Kernel Mailing List (LKML) patches pertaining to the enhancement of the kernel's Deterministic Random Bit Generator (DRBG) to meet FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) compliance. However, I am currently uncertain about the status of this endeavor, specifically whether the kernel's DRBG has indeed been rendered FIPS-compliant.

Could you kindly provide clarification on the current status of the kernel's DRBG in this regard? Furthermore, if it has been made FIPS-compliant, I am keen to ascertain the earliest kernel version that incorporates this FIPS-compliant DRBG.

Thanks,
Shivam