Re: [GIT PULL] 9p fixes for 6.7-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Nov 04 2023 - 15:35:56 EST

On Fri, 3 Nov 2023 at 17:39, Dominique Martinet <asmadeus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 9p/fs: add MODULE_DESCIPTION
> (^ I've just noticed DESCIPTION -> DESCRIPTION typo, but I guess it's
> understandable enough and I'd rather not rebase the branch just before
> sending the pull request (that last memory leak patch came in late
> enough) -- please say if you'd rather I fix it up and I'll resend this)

No, no, a typo in the commit message is very much not a reason for
rebasing etc. So sending it to me as-is was th weight thing to do.

I did fix it in the resulting merge message shortlog since you pointed
it out, but hey, if we fixed every typo we had in our commits, we'd be
doing nothing but rebasing.

Kernel people aren't necessarily great at spelling, and that's true
even for those of us where English is our first language.

Linus