Re: [GIT PULL] printk for 6.7

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Thu Nov 02 2023 - 19:02:25 EST

On Thu, Nov 02 2023 at 17:22, Petr Mladek wrote:
> Thomas Gleixner (7):
> printk: Add non-BKL (nbcon) console basic infrastructure
> printk: nbcon: Add acquire/release logic
> printk: nbcon: Add buffer management
> printk: nbcon: Add ownership state functions
> printk: nbcon: Add sequence handling
> printk: nbcon: Add emit function and callback function for atomic printing
> printk: nbcon: Allow drivers to mark unsafe regions and check state

TBH, I'm truly surprised to still see my name there as the author.

I definitely authored the early revisions and was influential on the
design, but comparing the final result to my initial hacked up POC
patches does not really reflect that.

It's probably too late to correct that, but I nevertheless want to make
it clear that:

John Ogness and Peter Mladek have been the ones who sorted out the
details and really should be those who get the credit.

Kodos to John and Peter for making this work!

Thanks,

Thomas