Re: Requesting your attention and expertise regarding a Tablet/Kernel issue

From: Bagas Sanjaya
Date: Wed Nov 01 2023 - 20:44:35 EST

On Wed, Nov 01, 2023 at 08:37:40PM +0100, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Nov 2023, David Revoy wrote:
>
> > Hi Jason Gerecke, José Expósito, Jiri Kosina and Illia Ostapyshyn,
> >
> > I am emailing to draw your attention and expertise to a problem I had
> > earlier this week with my Xp-Pen Artist 24 Pro display tablet under
> > Fedora Linux 38 KDE after a kernel update.
> >
> > The second button on my stylus changed from a right-click (which I could
> > customise with xsetwacom or any GUI like kcm-tablet) to a button that
> > feels 'hardcoded' and now switches the whole device to an eraser mode.
> > This makes my main tool unusable.
> >
> > I don't have the skills to write a proper kernel bug report, workaround
> > or even identify the exact source of the issue. I have written a blog
> > post about this with more details here:
> > https://www.davidrevoy.com/article995/how-a-kernel-update-broke-my-stylus-need-help
> > , contacting you was something suggested by the comments.
> >
> > Thank you very much if you can help me.
>
> CCing a couple more people involved both in 276e14e6c3 and 87562fcd1342,
> and mailinglists.
>
> This is almost certainly the behavior introduced by 276e14e6c3, where
> previously the button was mapped to BTN_TOUCH, but now it's mapped to
> BTN_TOOL_RUBBER, causing user-visible change in behavior.

Thanks for the report.

David, can you resend the regression report as plain text email (preferably
with 276e14e6c3 people and regressions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Cc'ed)? You may need to
see kernel documentation [1] for how to configure your email client to send
plain text emails. Also, include in your report details from your blog post.

Thanks.

[1]: https://docs.kernel.org/process/email-clients.html

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara