Re: regression with 33140e668b10 thermal/drivers/mediatek: Control buffer enablement tweaks

From: Linux regression tracking #update (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2023 - 07:03:33 EST

[TLDR: This mail in primarily relevant for Linux regression tracking. A
change or fix related to the regression discussed in this thread was
posted or applied, but it did not use a Closes: tag to point to the
report, as Linus and the documentation call for. Things happen, no
worries -- but now the regression tracking bot needs to be told manually
about the fix. See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

On 12.09.23 14:23, Linux regression tracking #update (Thorsten Leemhuis)
wrote:

> On 31.08.23 11:53, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 11:25:11AM +0200, Frank Wunderlich wrote:
>>>
>>> The commit 33140e668b10 "thermal/drivers/mediatek: Control buffer enablement tweaks" is merged between 6.3 and 6.4 and causes a regression where temperature cannot be read correctly at least for mt7986/Bpi-R3.
>>>
>>> bpi-r3 ~ # cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
>>> -274000
>>>
>>> after reverting the commit and fixing some build-errors in 6.5-rc7 because new members used in mt8365_thermal_data too, we can read temperature on mt7986 again.
>>>

>> Thanks for the regression report. I'm adding it to regzbot:
>>
>> #regzbot ^introduced: 33140e668b1020
>> #regzbot title: incorrect temperature on MT7986 due to tweaking buffer
>

> #regzbot monitor:
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230907112018.52811-1-linux@xxxxxxxxx/
> #regzbot fix: thermal/drivers/mediatek: Fix control buffer enablement on
> MT7896
> #regzbot ignore-activity

patch title changed, hence:

#regzbot fix: 5055fadfa7e16f242
#regzbot ignore-activity

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.