Re: [GIT PULL] gpio: fixes for v6.6-rc7

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Oct 22 2023 - 10:32:35 EST

On Sun, 22 Oct 2023 at 06:12, Bartosz Golaszewski <brgl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have diff.algorithm = patience in my gitconfig. Typically this
> results in better diffs but not this time for some reason.

Yeah, that picks a really odd diff in this case.

May I actually suggest the 'histogram' diff algorithm to you? It's
kind of a "smarter patience" version, and at least for me it's been
the best of the choices.

Of course, there's always going to be some odd case where for one
reason or another one of the diff algorithms does better than the
others, but histogram does seem to result in good diffs most of the
time.

Linus