Re: [GIT PULL] s390 fixes for 6.6-rc7

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Oct 21 2023 - 14:08:58 EST

Just re-quoting my suggestion here and adding Andy and Dmitry, who did
the original bitmap_alloc() helper interfaces a few years ago.

Also adding Kees in case he has any hardening suggestions, since this
is about (incorrect) overflow handling.

Kees: see my rant about mindlessly doing overflow handling in the wrong place in

https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAHk-=wgTUz1bdY6zvsN4ED0arCLE8Sb==1GH8d0sjm5bu7zesQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

in case you or somebody has a better idea for BITS_TO_LONG handling
than just "you need to check for zero before and after".

Linus