Re: usb: dwc3: some USB devices not working after 6.4.8

From: Linux regression tracking #update (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2023 - 06:39:28 EST

[TLDR: This mail in primarily relevant for Linux kernel regression
tracking. See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

On 04.09.23 01:53, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 03, 2023 at 09:19:13PM +0900, Kenta Sato wrote:
>>
>> I am using the FriendlyElec NanoPi R4S board.
>> When I update the kernel from 6.4.7 to 6.4.11, 6.4.13, and 6.5.1, it
>> doesn't recognize some USB devices.
>>
>> The board has two USB 3.0 ports. I connected 1) BUFFALO USB Flash Disk
>> (high-speed) and 2) NETGEAR A6210 (SuperSpeed) to each port.
>> 1) is often not recognized. On the other hand, 2) was working while I
>> was testing.
>> Regardless of whether a USB device is connected, I could see the below
>> message on dmesg:
> [...]
> Thanks for the regression report. I'm adding it to regzbot:
>
> #regzbot ^introduced: e835c0a4e23c38
> #regzbot title: some USB devices unrecognized caused by not resetting dwc3 device if it is host-only

#regzbot fix: 8bea147dfdf823ea
#regzbot ignore-activity

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.