Question on pre running clocks

From: Arun KS
Date: Fri Oct 20 2023 - 03:08:01 EST

Hello,

Lets say there is a clock which is enabled by bootloaders and is pre
running as linux boots.
Is it mandatory for the client drivers to call clk_prepare_enable() on
them to initialise the enable_count to 1?

Or is there a way we can specify to the kernel that this clock is
already enabled by bootloader and initialise the enable_count for this
clock to 1.

Because otherwise, clk_disable() prints a WARN() if a client driver
uses clock handle where clk_prepare_enable() is not called.

I grep through the code, but could find any details. Appreciate any pointers.

Regards,
Arun