Re: [rft, PATCH v1 0/2] drm/i915/dsi: An attempt to get rid of IOSF GPIO on VLV

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Wed Oct 18 2023 - 05:10:34 EST

Hi Andy,

On 10/18/23 07:10, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> DSI code for VBT has a set of ugly GPIO hacks, one of which is direct
> talking to GPIO IP behind the actual driver's back. An attempt to fix
> that is here.
>
> If I understood correctly, my approach should work in the similar way as
> the current IOSF GPIO.
>
> Hans, I believe you have some devices that use this piece of code,
> is it possible to give a test run on (one of) them?

Yes I should be able to find a device or 2 which poke GPIOs from the
VBT MIPI sequences. Unfortunately I don't know from the top of my head
which devices actually use this, so I may need to try quite a few devices
before finding one which actually uses this.

I'll try to get this series tested sometime the coming weeks,
depending on when I can schedule some time for this.

Regards,

Hans