Re: PROBLEM: asus_nb_wmi sends KEY_BRIGHTNESSDOWN on pressing CAPS Lock and PrntScrn on Zenbook S 13 UX5304VA

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Tue Oct 17 2023 - 04:51:16 EST

Hi James,

On 10/1/23 16:16, James John wrote:
> Hello Hans,
>
> Thank you. I applied the patch and I have the inputs attached here.
>
> After setting the hwdb filter, all the hot keys are still working except that the LED notification light on Mute Hotkey (F9) is no longer turning up on mute.
>
> The Screen Capture, Disable Camera, and MyASUS buttons are not mapped yet. I believe the Screen Capture button should map to PrntScrn button, and MyASUS with Disable Camera unmapped, obviously. I also have the codes in the attached log.
>
> Screen Capture button is KEY_UNKNOWN to evtest.

So I missed the Screen Capture button so far.
I believe that the 0x2a code should be mapped to
KEY_SELECTIVE_SCREENSHOT (to differentiate it from
the printscreen key, this is also used on other laptops
for similar buttons).

I'm going to send out a RFC series of 3 patches,
the 2 patches which I send earlier + a patch to
add a mapping for this. I'll Cc you on this.

Please give this series a try (after removing the hwdb
change).

Regards,

Hans