Re: [GIT PULL] firewire updates for 6.5-rc1

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Tue Oct 17 2023 - 03:36:46 EST

Hi,

On 16. 10. 23, 17:56, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
For further investigation, I would like you to give some instructions
about the way to use OpenSUSE distribution. I want to boot the distribution
in 'low graphics mode' which debian/ubuntu distribution has. In the mode,
I expect to boot it without loading amdgpu module which depends on iommuv2
module.

I think it translates to "nomodeset" kernel commandline option.

Or you can pass the hard module_blacklist=amdgpu or =iommu_v2 to the kernel.

Anyway, I would like you to check reporters' chipset when the similar
issues are reported. If they encounter the issue still in Intel chipset,
please inform it to me, since it could deny my current presumption.

The reported appears to have an AMD 400 Series Chipset. So no intel.

thanks,
--
js
suse labs