Re: On brcm80211 maintenance and support

From: Dmitry Antipov
Date: Fri Oct 06 2023 - 11:56:24 EST

On 10/6/23 18:34, Hector Martin wrote:

For better or worse, if nobody else does, I'm willing to sign up to
maintain the chips shipping on Apple ARM64 machines (i.e. BCM4378,
BCM4387, BCM4388 - that last one I have bringup for downstream, just got
it done this week) and partially BCM4377 as a bonus (since I have access
to an older Intel Mac with that one, and already did bringup for it,
though my access is sporadic). I'm already playing part time maintainer
anyway (other folks have already sent us patches I'll have to upstream),
and we need this driver to keep working and continue to support new chips.

Good news. Would you capable to consider some generic (not hooked to any
particular hardware) things like [1] ?

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/20230703162458.155942-1-dmantipov@xxxxxxxxx/

Dmitry