Re: Regression: devcoredump patch broke Realtek usb bluetooth adapter

From: Bagas Sanjaya
Date: Tue Oct 03 2023 - 19:56:43 EST

On Tue, Oct 03, 2023 at 09:20:38PM +0300, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Commit 044014ce85a1 ("Bluetooth: btrtl: Add Realtek devcoredump support")
> broke Realtek-based ASUS USB-BT500, ID 0b05:190e.
>
> Devices failed to connect. hciconfig showed a controller with all-zero BD
> address.

What is its output then? And dmesg log?

> I reverted the commit as well as bd003fb338af that depends on the commit.
> It made the problem go away.
>
> I know virtually nothing about bluetooth. Let me know what info you need
> to debug the issue.

Hilda, it looks like this regression is caused by a commit of yours. Would
you like to take a look on it?

Regardless, thanks for the regression report. I'm adding it to regzbot:

#regzbot ^introduced: 044014ce85a17c

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara