RE: [RFC 3/3] vfio/pci: Expose PCIe PASID capability to userspace

From: Tian, Kevin
Date: Wed Sep 27 2023 - 21:47:51 EST

Yep. that's also a valid point.

> > My preference is via device feature given Qemu already includes lots of
> > quirks for vfio-pci devices. Another reason is that when supporting vPASID
> > with SIOV there are some arch constraints which the driver needs to
> > report to the user to follow (e.g. don't assign ENQCMD-capable sibling
> > vdev's to a same guest, etc.).
>
> ?!

Sorry that I didn't plan to elaborate that tricky constraint before we show
the overall SIOV/vPASID implementation. Explaining it requires lots of
context and here just want to mention the potential requirement in case
we need more proofs to go this direction. 😊

> > A device feature interface can better
> > encapsulate everything related to vPASID in one place.
>
> Sorry if I don't remember, have you posted a proposal for the device
> feature interface? Thanks,

Not yet. Will do in next version.