Issue: Can padata avoid dealing with CPU-related operations?

From: Wang Jinchao
Date: Wed Sep 27 2023 - 09:26:21 EST

Hello, I have a few questions about the padata code I've been studying recently:

- Why does padata use the WQ_UNBOUND attribute of the workqueue? Because I've noticed a significant maintenance cost related to CPUs. Are there any specific benefits?

- In what scenarios is it necessary to specify a CPU for serial execution, or is ensuring the order sufficient?

In fact, the two questions can be summarized into one: Is it possible to avoid handling CPU-related operations to simplify the code logic?

Thanks.