Re: [patch V3 23/30] x86/microcode: Provide new control functions

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Wed Sep 27 2023 - 07:50:21 EST

On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 11:42:20AM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> No. That's two different things. The write above stores the information
> fir the current CPU, while this conditional constructs the command for
> the siblings.

Aha, I was simply pointing out that you're not checking whether the
primary got updated but writing unconditionally SCTRL_DONE for it but
you check ret to know what to do for the *secondaries*.

The actual check whether the primary got updated is the
ucode_ctrl.result check later.

Yeah, that's ok.

--
Regards/Gruss,