Re: s2idle stopped working with 6.6-rc on Thinkpad T14 G1 (AMD)

From: Mario Limonciello
Date: Mon Sep 25 2023 - 13:44:17 EST

On 9/25/2023 08:45, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
On 25.09.23 15:25, Mario Limonciello wrote:
On 9/25/2023 05:55, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Hi Mario! Did you by chance hear anything about lock-ups on resume with
mainline affecting AMD systems? I'm asking, as s2idle stopped working
for me with 6.6-rc on my Thinkpad T14 G1 (AMD).
You're the first report I've heard of this.

Thx for taking the time and replying.

Yeah not too much useful stuff here unfortunately.  Can you check
/var/lib/systemd/pstore to see if you got a traceback for whatever
caused the problem?

Sadly nothing there.

Dmesg for 6.6-rc3 (with a USB-C dock, but problem happens without it,
too):
https://www.leemhuis.info/files/misc/dmesg-6.6_rc3

Being G1, can you try "amdgpu.mcbp=0" on kernel command line?

Just tried it, but didn't help.

Guess it bisection time then...

Thx again for your reply. Ciao, Thorsten

FWIW your email prompted me to double check the two other Lenovo systems I have on hand at my desk:
* P14s Gen 1
* L14 Gen2a

One of them had a Ubuntu userspace (20.04 IIRC) and the other a Fedora 38. I built 6.6-rc3 and couldn't reproduce any issues with s2idle.

So yes; bisect is the next step, thanks.