Re: Atheros QCA6174 ath10k_pci fimware crashing

From: Cool Goose
Date: Mon Sep 25 2023 - 12:14:14 EST

Laptop model : Lenovo Flex 5, running Arch Linux since Dec 2019. No issues til around late 2022 when I would just disable wireless and reenable from GNOME system tray NetworkManager applet and then things would work fine. But for almost a couple of months, constant firmware crashes and device cannot be recovered even after disable-renabling wireless. If I remember correctly the transition to constant crashes coincided with me upgrading system, thus I am reporting here.

Just in case it helps, I tried looking for a small system journal from the laptop where the firmware crash was included, and posted that here. http://ix.io/4Hpr

I am trying to find out if this actually looks like a hardware failure becuase in that case I can call it non-recoverable issue and look for a wifi adapter.
If it is hardware failure, I am trying to find out if there are any card settings I can tweak in may be BIOS that would make it work in say a restricted mode.

Thanks.