Re: [RFC 1/2] dt-bindings: iio: imu: Add DT binding doc for BMI323

From: Jonathan Cameron
Date: Sun Sep 24 2023 - 09:34:56 EST

On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 22:14:40 +0530
Jagath Jog J <jagathjog1996@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 5:55 PM Krzysztof Kozlowski
> <krzysztof.kozlowski@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On 18/09/2023 10:03, Jagath Jog J wrote:
> > > Add devicetree description document for Bosch BMI323, a 6-Axis IMU.
> >
> > I don't know why this is RFC and cover letter does not explain it. Shall
> > I just ignore it? Patch is no ready? Recently at least two times someone
> > was disappointed that his code marked as RFC received my review.
>
> Thank you for reviewing. This was the sensor's first patch series,
> so I initially submitted it as an RFC. I will mark it as "Patch"
> in the next series.

Have more confidence! RFCs need to have clearly stated questions.
If you don't have any then you are putting forwards driver for review
in ordering to get it merged upstream - so PATCH is appropriate.
As you'll see many IIO drivers go through a 'few' revisions once they
are posted (hopefully not too many!)

Krzysztof is great at reviewing whatever shows up, but in many
cases reviewers won't look at an RFC (unless a big discussion starts) because
they aren't interested in open questions, just code that the author considers
ready.

Jonathan