Re: [GIT PULL v2] timestamp fixes

From: Christian Brauner
Date: Fri Sep 22 2023 - 08:24:16 EST

> We have many, many inodes though, and 12 bytes per adds up!
>
> I'm on board with the idea, but...that's likely to be as big a patch
> series as the ctime overhaul was. In fact, it'll touch a lot of the same

Hm, I really think that isn't an issue. Let the series be big. Half of
the meaningful fs patches explode anyway as soon as you change any
i_op/f_op anyway. If it meaningfully cleans up something then it's worth
it.

Hm, we really need automated testing on vfs.git soon so we can run
xfstests for all major filesystems automatically instead of me having to
kick this off manually every time.