Re: [RFC 00/23] Enable block size > page size in XFS

From: Luis Chamberlain
Date: Wed Sep 20 2023 - 23:00:27 EST

On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 02:29:22PM +0200, Pankaj Raghav wrote:
> I think this tree doesn't have some of the last minute changes I did
> before I sent the RFC. I will sync with Luis offline regarding that.

OK, we sorted the small changes, and this patch series posted is now rebased
and available here to Linus' v6.6-rc2, for those that want more
stability than the wild wild linux-next:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/linux.git/log/?h=large-block-linus-nobdev

If you wanna muck with the coexistence stuff, which you will need if you
want to actually use an LBS device, that is this patch series
and then the coexistence stuff:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/linux.git/log/?h=large-block-linus

Given this is a fresh rebase, I started running fsx on the nobdev branch
which only has this series and managed to get fsx ops up to over 1 million
for:

512 sector size:
* 16k block size
* 32k block size
* 64k block size
4k sector size:
* 16k block size
* 32k block size
* 64k block size

It's at least enough cursory test to git push it. I haven't tested
yet the second branch I pushed though but it applied without any changes
so it should be good (usual famous last words).

Luis