Re: Linux 6.6-rc2

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Mon Sep 18 2023 - 15:20:42 EST

On Sun, Sep 17, 2023 at 02:55:46PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Another week, another -rc.

[ ... ]

> Please go test,

No significant change / improvement since last week.

Build results:
total: 157 pass: 151 fail: 6
Failed builds:
alpha:allmodconfig
csky:allmodconfig
m68k:allmodconfig
openrisc:allmodconfig
parisc:allmodconfig
s390:allmodconfig
Qemu test results:
total: 530 pass: 530 fail: 0

Same build errors, same warnings as with 6.6-rc1.

Well, that is not entirely true. I do see a bunch of warnings in folio
code, such as

WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 774 at include/linux/backing-dev.h:252 __folio_mark_dirty+0x318/0x350

but that is because I started testing gfs2 which always had that problem.
I am not sure if it is even worth reporting it. I did send a note to
the gfs2 mailing list and maintainers, and I won't mention it here again.

My list of pending fixes includes the following three patches.

LoongArch: Fix lockdep static memory detection
mfd: cs42l43: Use correct macro for new-style PM runtime ops
ASoC: wm8960: Fix error handling in probe

Guenter