Re: [GIT PULL] x86/shstk for 6.6-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Aug 31 2023 - 15:41:08 EST

On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 at 16:48, Dave Hansen <dave.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Add x86 shadow stack support

I assume you are aware of the system call renumbering from linux-next,
but I thought I'd mention it anyway. 452 was taken by fchmodat2, so
your new map_shadow_stack() system call is merged as 453.

I do also note that it looks like the merge resolution of the
_COMMON_PAGE_CHG_MASK bits in linux-next is wrong, and lost the
_PAGE_DIRTY_BITS part in Ingo's -tip merge 783560d95e0e ("Merge branch
'x86/mm' into x86/merge, to ease integration testing").

Anyway, please do double-check my merge for correctness, and test it
on some machine that hopefully supports this and has the
infrastructure set up for it.

Linus