Re: [syzbot] [kernel?] general protection fault in netdev_register_kobject

From: Aleksandr Nogikh
Date: Thu Aug 31 2023 - 11:53:49 EST

On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 5:39 PM Andy Shevchenko
<andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 04:15:23PM +0200, Aleksandr Nogikh wrote:
> > #syz dup: general protection fault in nfc_register_device
>
> Thanks!
>
> Maybe you can improve it to
> 1) drop those prefixes by itself;

Yeah, I've just thought about it too when I was correcting the command.

> 2) explain better in the quick help below what "exact" means.
>
> Also is it possible to test just patches without repository?
> Can you add this feature when you simply submit a message ID
> to it and it uses lore.kernel.org for the patch or series?

Thanks, these are good suggestions!
The first one is easy to do (we actually already support that
internally, so only a small change is needed), the second one is a bit
trickier, but I'll look into that.