Re: [GIT PULL] LSM patches for v6.6

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Aug 30 2023 - 14:55:56 EST

On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 at 16:37, Paul Moore <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ten LSM patches for the Linux v6.6 merge window, and while most of
> them are fairly minor, there is at least one merge conflict involving
> security_sk_classify_flow() in security/security.c; it looks like a
> netdev constification patch collided with a LSM documentation patch,
> thankfully the solution is relatively simple but if for some odd
> reason you need a respin let me know.

Oh, no, trivial things like these are truly not a problem at all.

The only time I may ask people to help with the resolution (or, more
commonly, ask them to just double-check what I did) is when there is
an actual and subtle code conflict where the code in question has been
re-organized a lot, and both sides did something fairly involved, and
the end result isn't really obvious.

For something like this, I do ask for it to be noted in the pull
request - exactly like you did - but even that is mainly so that

(a) I don't get surprised when I do the pull and see that I need to
resolve something, and

(b) to give me the warm and fuzzies that the maintainers in question
have actually noticed and followed up on the reports from linux-next.

So absolutely no need for any re-spin, and you did the right thing. Thanks,

Linus