Re: [GIT PULL] non-MM updates for 6.6-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Aug 29 2023 - 18:23:24 EST

On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 at 22:54, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Linus, please pull mm.git's non-MM updates for this cycle.

Hmm. For some non-obvious (to me) reason this triggers

vmlinux.o: warning: objtool: ibt_selftest+0x18: sibling call from
callable instruction with modified stack frame

which didn't happen before, even though the pull doesn't actually
change that file at all.

I see that Josh has a patch to fix this by making it be real assembly
code rather than a hacky inline asm in a C file, but it's a bit
surprising, and I don't see why it's triggered now when it wasn't
before.

At a guess it's related to the Kconfig changes, but I have nothing to
back that guess up with.

Slightly annoying, but I guess I'll live with the warning for now.

Linus