Re: Linux 6.5 speed regression, boot VERY slow with anything systemd related

From: Marc Haber
Date: Tue Aug 29 2023 - 11:05:23 EST

On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 07:53:45AM -0700, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> What is different between the bad host(s) and the good host(s)? E.g. kernel, QEMU,

The bad host is an APU ("AMD GX-412TC SOC") with 4 GB of RAM, one of the
good hosts is a "Xeon(R) CPU E3-1246 v3" with 32 GB of RAM. Both are
somewhat dated due to the darn iptables => nftables migration and still
run Debian buster, kernels are identical (a 6.4.12 built in the same
container than the 6.4.12 that works and the 6.5 that misbahaves on the
test VM), system configuration is from the same ansible playbook, but of
course there are differences. But my strongest bet is some weird CPU
type issue becuase that's the most blatant difference.

Greetings
Marc

Marc Haber | "I don't trust Computers. They | Mailadresse im Header
Leimen, Germany | lose things." Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 6224 1600402
Nordisch by Nature | How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 6224 1600421