Re: kexec reboot failed due to commit 75d090fd167ac

From: Bagas Sanjaya
Date: Tue Aug 29 2023 - 08:16:33 EST

On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 07:48:16PM +0800, Aaron Lu wrote:
> Hi Kirill,
>
> Ever since v6.5-rc1, I found that I can not use kexec to reboot an Intel
> SPR test machine. With git bisect, the first bad commit is 75d090fd167ac
> ("x86/tdx: Add unaccepted memory support").
>
> I have no idea why a tdx change would affect it, I'm not doing anything
> related to tdx.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> The kernel config is attached, let me know if you need any other info.

Can you provide system logs (e.g. journalctl output) when attempting to
reboot?

Anyway, thanks for the regression report. I'm adding it to regzbot:

#regzbot ^introduced: 75d090fd167aca
#regzbot title: unable to reboot with kexec due to TDX unaccepted memory support

Thanks.

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara