Re: [GIT PULL] x86/microcode for v6.6-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Aug 28 2023 - 19:10:50 EST

On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 at 05:25, Borislav Petkov <bp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> please pull the first part of Thomas' microcode loader work, for 6.6.

Bah.

The Zenbleed fix conflicted with this because of how it declared the
amd_check_microcode() function.

The natural way to do it would have been in the new
microcode/internal.h file, but that isn't included by the caller, and
while I could have just done something like

#include "microcode/internal.h"

in the common.c file, that seemed to be against the spirit here.

So I hacked something up in <asm/microcode.h> instead.

That is probably not what either you or Thomas wanted, but the Intel
code has some similar hacks in that header, so it's not _entirely_ out
of line.

Please just let me know how much I messed up.

I apologize in advance.

Linus