Re: Cache coherency bug: stale reads on /dev/sda1

From: Joshua Hudson
Date: Sat Aug 26 2023 - 21:27:07 EST

I am presuming you mean "Are you sure this not a hardware issue?"

I am sure it is not, for two reasons.

1) If it were a hardware issue I would still expect the two device
nodes (whole disk and partition) to report the *same* data.

2) I have since developed a workaround involving BLKFLSDEV. The
workaround is really ugly.