Re: [syzbot] [ext4?] kernel panic: EXT4-fs (device loop0): panic forced after error (3)

From: Aleksandr Nogikh
Date: Fri Aug 18 2023 - 07:44:45 EST

I've taken a closer look at the issue.

Documentation/filesystems/ext4.txt says that the "errors=" mount
parameter "override the errors behavior specified in the superblock".
So syzbot can prevent it by passing "errors=continue" as a mount
argument and there's no need to filter out such reports.

Syzkaller actually already does that in the C reproducer. It just
seems that this time the tool has mutated the mount options so much
that the simple patching no longer worked (most likely because of \0
characters in between). I'll update the syz_mount_image() code.