Re: landlock: fs_test: fs_test.c:4524:9: error: initializer element is not a compile-time constant

From: Nick Desaulniers
Date: Thu Aug 17 2023 - 11:56:06 EST

On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 3:51 AM Naresh Kamboju
<naresh.kamboju@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While building selftests landlock following warnings / errors noticed on the
> Linux next with clang-17.
>
> Reported-by: Linux Kernel Functional Testing <lkft@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Build errors:
> ------------
> landlock/fs_test
> fs_test.c:4524:9: error: initializer element is not a compile-time constant

Hi Naresh,
Can you tell me more about your specific version of clang-17?

I believe a fix of mine to clang should address this. It landed in
clang-18, and was backported to clang-17 recently.
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project-release-prs/commit/0b2d5b967d98375793897295d651f58f6fbd3034

I suspect your clang-17 might need a rebuild. Thanks for the report.

--
Thanks,
~Nick Desaulniers