RE: Error 'netif_napi_add_weight() called with weight 256'

From: Hayes Wang
Date: Mon Aug 14 2023 - 03:08:50 EST

Jakub Kicinski <kuba@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2023 2:38 AM
[...]
> High weight will cause higher latency for other softirq and RT
> processing, it's not a good idea. Even with weight/budget of 64
> if there's no higher prio work to do the driver will be polled
> again immediately if it consumed the budget and has more packets.

I mean that only the slow platform uses more than 64 budget,
even I set the weight to 256.
That is, for the fast platform, the actual used budget is always less than 64,
even the weight is 256.

> Do you have some actual data on how the device performs with budget
> of 64 and 256? And maybe perf traces to show where the difference goes?

I tested that slow embedded platform many years ago, so I
don't remember the actual data.
I think the difference is more than 400Mbps.

Best Regards,
Hayes