Re: Hang when booting guest kernels compiled with clang after SRSO mitigations

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sat Aug 12 2023 - 09:51:44 EST

On Fri, Aug 11, 2023 at 05:42:04PM -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> So far it looks like it's working for folks. Fixing that issue is the
> lowest priority issue of the three we found; I'll send it formally
> next week.

Ok. Also, it might not be needed as some of PeterZ's stuff do simplify
that code more so I'm thinking of taking them and will make your fix not
needed. But we'll talk.

> I literally just had my hard drive fail on my main dev box (that's two
> machines fail in one week; laptop wont power on anymore; down to one
> machine left).

Sounds like Murphy came to visit. I hate that.

> Going to see if fsck can help at all; worst case I may
> need Nathan to formally send it for me next week. Let's see if I can
> recover this machine first...what a way to end the week. SMH

Yeah, I can scrape it off some gitgub issue page too - that's not
a problem.

Btw, this:

https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/linux/commit/150c42407f87463c27a2459e06845965291d9973

Is this fixing a current issue and so it needs to go to Linus now?

If so, I'll expedite it too.

Thx.

--
Regards/Gruss,