Re: [GIT PULL] bcachefs

From: Christian Brauner
Date: Fri Aug 11 2023 - 03:53:09 EST

> So may I suggest that even if the immediate issue ends up being sorted
> out, just from a robustness standpoint the "consider EBUSY a hard
> error" seems to be a mistake.

Especially from umount. The point I was trying to make in the other
thread is that this needs fixing in the subsystem that's causing
_unnecessary_ spurious EBUSY errors and Jens has been at his right
away. What we don't want is for successful umount to be equated with
that an immediate mount can never return EBUSY again. I think that's not
a guarantee that umount should give and with mount namespaces in the mix
you can get your filesystem pinned implicitly somewhere behind your back
without you ever noticing it as just one very obvious example.

> Transient failures are pretty much expected

Yes, I agree.