Re: Hang when booting guest kernels compiled with clang after SRSO mitigations

From: Nathan Chancellor
Date: Thu Aug 10 2023 - 06:17:08 EST

On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 11:08:35AM +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 10:10:38AM +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> > I can repro this here with Debian clang version 14.0.6-2 even with -smp
> > 2.
> >
> > Lemme poke at this a bit.
>
> Err, this stops booting even on plain -rc5 which doesn't have the SRSO
> patches.

Just to clarify, this is the guest kernel at -rc5 and the host kernel
with the SRSO mitigations applied? If so, that's the problem. The guest
kernel does not have to have the SRSO mitigations applied to see this
problem. Sorry I should have made that more clear! If not though, that's
interesting because I was running -rc5 on the host without issues.

Cheers,
Nathan