RE: Error 'netif_napi_add_weight() called with weight 256'

From: Hayes Wang
Date: Wed Aug 09 2023 - 09:13:02 EST

Jakub Kicinski <kuba@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2023 12:37 AM
[...]
> > I test our devices on an Embedded system.
> > We find the throughput is low.
> > And it is caused by the weight.
> > Our NAPI function often uses the whole budget.
> > Finally, we increase the weight, and the throughput is good.
>
> Could it possibly be related to handling of aggregation?
> Problem must lay somewhere in USB specifics, since as I said
> there are 100Gbps devices running fine with budget of 64.

I think it depends on the platform.
Most of the platforms don't have the same situation.
Besides, I think the platform with 100Gbps device may
have faster CPU than that one which I test.

What would happen, if I set the weight to 256 on the platform
which runs well for the weight of 64?
Doesn't it only influence the slow platform?

Best Regards,
Hayes