Re: [RFT 1/2] RISC-V: handle missing "no-map" properties for OpenSBI's PMP protected regions

From: Conor Dooley
Date: Wed Aug 09 2023 - 07:05:05 EST

On Wed, Aug 09, 2023 at 10:24:57AM +0000, JeeHeng Sia wrote:

> [...]

That is what it is though, so I don't see what's weird about that.

> However, if we implement an enum struct for SBI_IMP_ID

> (There are numerous IDs available),

Ohh I know, but I didn't see the point adding those when I was only
focusing on a single implementation.

> the macro can be abbreviated to OpenSBI. By doing this, the conditional
> checking of the implementation ID would be more readable, as shown below:
> if (sbi_firmware_id != OPENSBI)

I don't see that it can become that simple, it'd still need to be
prefixed with SBI_ to be consistent with any other SBI related enum, and
at that point adding the extra IMP_ makes little odds.