Re: [GIT PULL] Immutable branch between MFD and Power due for the v6.5 merge window

From: Jakob Hauser
Date: Sun Jul 30 2023 - 13:59:14 EST

Hi Sebastian,

The patch 6 "power: supply: rt5033_charger: Add cable detection and USB OTG supply" of the series v6 RESEND of rt5033-charger is still missing.

On 19.06.23 12:35, Lee Jones wrote:
Sebastian,

On Fri, 16 Jun 2023, Jakob Hauser wrote:

I just realized that there is one patch missing in the immutable branch
"ib-mfd-power-v6.5" [1]. Unfortunately I haven't noticed earlier. The
immutable branch holds 9 patches, the patchset has 10 patches [2]. The
missing patch is No. 6 "power: supply: rt5033_charger: Add cable detection
and USB OTG supply".

Did you take this pull-request?

If so, would you like to apply the missing patch or would you like me to
take it via MFD (without a subsequent PR)?

As this patch No. 6 affects only the file
drivers/power/supply/rt5033_charger.c and is the last patch on that file,
it's no problem to add this patch on top of the other patches.

Could you submit another pull request for the v6.5 merge window to add this
patch?

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lee/mfd.git/log/?h=ib-mfd-power-6.5
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-pm/cover.1684182964.git.jahau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/T/#t

The lore link of the series v6 RESEND is above [2]. The patchwork link to v6 RESEND is:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-pm/list/?series=747771&state=%2A&archive=both

Additionally, there were two follow-up clean-up patches. There were no review comments so far. Lore and patchwork links are:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-pm/cover.1686948074.git.jahau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/T/#t
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-pm/list/?series=758018&state=%2A&archive=both

Could you apply those three patches? (1x patch 6 of v6 RESEND series + 2x clean-up patches.)

I've just noticed that a new patch by Rob was added to rt5033-charger. Can you rebase the other three patches by your own or do you want me to rebase and resend them?
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/drivers/power/supply/rt5033_charger.c?id=2ce8284c31156c432df60d4497ec68cca04e128f

Kind regards,
Jakob