Re: two reports about NULL pointer dereferences in mm subsystem since 5.18(?) with qbittorrent on XFS

From: Thorsten Leemhuis
Date: Fri Jul 28 2023 - 08:03:39 EST

On 26.07.23 16:54, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 02:43:24PM +0200, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:
>> Hi everyone! There are two regression reports with somewhat similar
>> symptoms in bugzilla.kernel.org that seem to not get the attention they
>> IMHO deserve.
>
> I'm sorry you think this regression hasn't received the attention that
> it deserves. I've spent weeks thinking about this problem

I know, but my last mails to prod things a few weeks ago iirc didn't
even get any reply, that's why I got impatient and started this thread
once it was confirmed the bug is not fixed. I pretty sure that's
expected in my position at this point; looking back at this now in
contrast to how Linus usually handles regressions I wonder if I should
have gotten impatient a bit earlier, as this caused trouble for a quite
a few users for quite a while already. But whatever, that's water under
the bridge now.

> and trying to track it down, with no success so far.

I saw your comments in the bugzilla ticket, so it seems you finally
found something that might cause the reported problems. Great & many thx
for that!

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.