Re: Upcoming nolibc pull request for the next merge window

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Mon Jul 24 2023 - 11:38:05 EST

On 7/24/23 09:31, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 08:49:40AM -0600, Shuah Khan wrote:
On 7/21/23 22:48, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
On Sat, Jul 22, 2023 at 01:01:20PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi Paul,

On Fri, 21 Jul 2023 10:39:48 -0700 "Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is just to let you know that Willy and I are adding co-maintainers
for nolibc. Shuah Khan will join me as administrative maintainer,
and will be sending the pull request to you for the next merge window.

Similarly, Thomas Weißschuh will be joining Willy as technical maintainer
for nolibc. With luck, this won't affect you, but in case you come across
a nolibc issue, please reach out to Thomas as well as Willy, Shuah,
and myself. There will of course be an update to the MAINTAINERS file
in the near future, but just to let you know in the meantime.

Would it make sense to add a separate nolibc branch to linux-next (and
no longer merge it into the rcu branch? Or are there dependencies
between the two?

Dependencies between nolibc and RCU are extremely rare, so it might well
make sense to have a separate branch.

Maybe nolibc/next from either the -rcu tree or Shuah's tree? Shuah,
would something else work better for you?

We probably have to add linux-kselftest nolibc and rcu nolibc since
we are planning to alternating pull requests?

Paul, you and I have to make sure we don't have duplicate patches
in our nolibc branches.

If the duplicate patches all have the same SHA-1 hashes, we should be
good, right? Or am I missing something subtle here?

You are right - no duplication. We are good.

Stephen, would you like me to send a formal request to add
linux-kselftest nolibc to next?

thanks,
-- Shuah