Re: [GIT PULL] smb3 client minor debugging fix

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Jul 22 2023 - 14:24:08 EST

On Sat, 22 Jul 2023 at 07:19, Steve French <smfrench@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> add small debugging improvement
> - it is helpful for network debugging of smb3 problems to be able to
> use directory not just file (e.g. access to empty share)
> Shyam Prasad N (1):
> cifs: allow dumping keys for directories too
>
> Steve French (1):
> cifs: update internal module version number for cifs.ko

Bah. I pulled, and then unpulled, because that module version number
change was obviously garbage.

That versioning has been problematic before too, and honestly seems to
be just completely broken and pointless random numbers that mostly -
but not always - are in sync.

This pull wasn't really a "fix" anyway, but then when I see nonsense
like that I just decide it's entirely bogus.

Linus