Re: [PROBLEM] [FULL TEST] seltests: net/forwarding/sch_ets.sh [HANG]

From: Mirsad Todorovac
Date: Fri Jul 21 2023 - 15:31:42 EST

Hi,

On 7/20/23 18:07, Mirsad Todorovac wrote:
On 7/20/23 11:43, Petr Machata wrote:

Mirsad Todorovac <mirsad.todorovac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Using the same config for 6.5-rc2 on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and 22.10, the execution
stop at the exact same line on both boxes (os I reckon it is more than an
accident):

# selftests: net/forwarding: sch_ets.sh

I have ran the full test (the net/forwarding part), with only sch_ets.sh being enabled
the 'set -x' option, as it was the most interesting part.

This is my best effort at diagnosing the situation.

The hang appears on an unsuspecting command:

[...]
# ++ local if_name=veth0
# ++ local add_del=del
# ++ local array
# ++ shift
# ++ shift
# ++ array=("${@}")
# ++ ip link set dev veth0 down
# ++ ip link set dev veth0 nomaster
# ++ vrf_destroy vveth0
# ++ local vrf_name=vveth0
# ++ local tb_id
# ++ __vrf_td_id_lookup vveth0
# ++ local vrf_name=vveth0
# ++ return 1
# ++ tb_id=1
# ++ ip -6 route del table 1 unreachable default metric 4278198272
# ++ ip -4 route del table 1 unreachable default metric 4278198272
# ++ ip link del dev vveth0
# ++ vrf_cleanup
# ++ ip -6 rule add pref 0 table local
# ++ ip -6 rule del pref 32765
# ++ ip -4 rule add pref 0 table local
# ++ ip -4 rule del pref 32765

Please find the full kselftest execution log attached at your convenience.

Hope this helps, because I do not really see what makes this command hang indefinitely.

Config is the same, kernel still 6.5-rc2, to test in the same conditions.

Best regards,
Mirsad Todorovac