Re: Traceback with CONFIG_REGMAP_KUNIT=y+CONFIG_DEBUG_ATOMIC_SLEEP=y

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Thu Jul 20 2023 - 13:22:52 EST

On 7/20/23 09:48, Mark Brown wrote:
On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 09:41:42AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:

After adding the GFP_KERNEL -> map->alloc_flags changes to the maple tree
code while skipping the init functions, I no longer see the traceback.
This is without my patches.

Ah, excellent - yes, that should sort it. I've already queued your
original patch for CI for 6.5, we could then apply both your new patch
and Dan's for 6.6 to support anyone who for some reason does want to try
dynamic allocation at runtime in atomic context.

Makes sense. I submitted a patch to address the problem in the maple tree
code. I assume Dan will submit one for the rbtree code. Dan, let me know
if you want me to handle that one as well.

Thanks,
Guenter