Re: [syzbot] [afs?] general protection fault in skb_queue_tail (3)

From: Fedor Pchelkin
Date: Thu Jul 20 2023 - 09:29:37 EST

On 23/07/15 12:22AM, syzbot wrote:
> syzbot suspects this issue was fixed by commit:
>
> commit 061b0cb9327b80d7a0f63a33e7c3e2a91a71f142
> Author: Fedor Pchelkin <pchelkin@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed May 17 15:03:17 2023 +0000
>
> wifi: ath9k: don't allow to overwrite ENDPOINT0 attributes
>
> bisection log: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=12253b7ca80000
> start commit: 98555239e4c3 Merge tag 'arc-6.1-fixes' of git://git.kernel..
> git tree: upstream
> kernel config: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=701f2aae1cb0470e
> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=160a7250e255d25725eb
> syz repro: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=1482f0b6880000
> C reproducer: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=119e4dce880000
>
> If the result looks correct, please mark the issue as fixed by replying with:
>
> #syz fix: wifi: ath9k: don't allow to overwrite ENDPOINT0 attributes
>
> For information about bisection process see: https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bisection

Seems reasonable since the reproducer here manages to modify ENDPOINT0
attrs and this leads to the invalid behaviour in different ways - the one
is this bug and another is the one fixed by the commit which syzbot
bisected. Those attempts to modify ENDPOINT0 are now prohibited with this
commit. So I think the result is correct (apart from that this issue is
not related to afs).

#syz fix: wifi: ath9k: don't allow to overwrite ENDPOINT0 attributes